Tuesday, August 02, 2005
  9:27-6:30 isn't fun
I don't want to ruin this diary with sad entries, but it's all part of life, I suppose. I especially don't want to talk about work, because it isn't interesting in the least bit. But I do want to talk about what's on my mind, and both of these things fall into that category.

Last week was a great week at work. I got to learn new tests in a different part of the lab. However, yesterday, the girl I used to work with, wasn't at work, so they asked me to do the tests over in that corner. I was pleased, at first, because most of the racks had been weighed up, so all I had to do was wait for them to do their thing and then go go GO the last part of the day. Was that ever an understatement. Everything all caught up to one another at the same time, so I was going every which way, all within 3 minute, 30 second time periods, for two hours or so. I ended up working past my 5:30 end-of-the-day until 6:30, and not getting home until close to 7. I fell asleep at 9:30. Yeah. So it felt like I was home for 2 hours all day. When I first got home, I finally could voice my opinions about all this, so of course I yelled at John and made him sad. He walked out of the room; I cried into a pillow.

The good things about last night:

1. Making up with John
2. Taking a hot shower to de-stress
3. Eating Mac and Cheese
4. Sleeping?

I just wish I was in school again, or at least had the same hours. 8-3:30. Now that would be nice. Get home at 3:30 and watch TV or lay on the floor listening to music. I don't even get to do that anymore. Our stereo isn't even hooked up because there isn't room for it unless we get an entertainment center or something.

What's worse is, yesterday when I first go to work, a very strange woman in the lab started blaming me for all these things and yelling and treating me like an uncompetant fool, "See this here? This is a no-no" (I supposedly put sterile plastic pipets in a beaker that was only supposed to be used for certain tests). Sorry, I did put them there, but as refills. Someone else had initially set it there. GOD. And today I'll probably have to work with her since that other person will be back. OOOh my...I just want to stay home or something. Just for today.

I am going to treat myself this morning. Last week, I got this cinnamon smell wafted over from somewhere in the lab, and I immediatly wanted cinnamon rolls. Warm cinnamon rolls with sweet, melted icing. So...I know they aren't the same as home made, but I had John pick up some Dough Boy rolls (the kind in the can). JUST FOR all this CRAP at work, I'm baking them this morning!

Please oh please let today be a better day.
 


<< Home
old diary. had to abandon because of morning sickness (go figure)!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm in the process of figuring out myself and my life.

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / May 2006 /


Powered by Blogger