Monday, August 29, 2005
  too sick to be at home
What a day! Well, actually I thought last night was going to be the worst of things, but today I am S-I-C-K! I threw up 4 times this morning! In one sitting! I haven't thrown up in so long...now I remember why I hate it. I did feel MUCH better after I did it (x4), but all day, there's been a rolly ball in my top throat, and the smell of my house makes me gag!

It's terrible! It's mostly the kitchen and the bathroom. I think I have the bathroom culprit identified: peppermint soap. It's so funny, because 3 weeks ago, I remember sniffing it as much as my nose could suction in, and now I walk into the bathroom 10 hours after anyone has showered, and I want to gag.

The kitchen is a whole different story. I don't know WHAT it is. It is coming from the sink-area, and it's not dirty dishes. When food is cooking, I'm fine. It's very terrible. I worked from 6:30 a.m. til 3:35 p.m. today and actually didn't mind it, because, even sitting in my work chair, thinking about home, I'd gag. I wish is was any other place than my home. That makes it tough. :( I love being home, and it's really a bummer not being able to breathe without scrinching my face.

Who would have thought I'd be so whiny during all of this! To be honest, I never thought I'd get morning sickness. I never had any PMS symptoms other than emotional ones, so I figured that would somehow translate over to pregnancy symptoms. Not so!

It all seems so unreal to me, yet. (although the all day sicky-feeling and up-chucking is quickly convincing me!) Today, I told everyone at work, and I felt like one of those high school girls who tells everyone she's pregnant just to get attention (but, of course, she really isn't.)

I could just picture my co-workers standing in the school yard on a rainy autumn afternoon. "Yeah, can you believe Melissa told us she was pregnant! ha! And here she never was!"

"Yeah, what a way to get attention..."

I swear, I am! I really am. It just...feels, so...unreal!!! Me? After all of these years? It just happened just like that?

Ahh...why do I have this feeling I will throw up before the end of the night. (I'm at a coffee shop by the way). I'm unfortunately going to have to go home in 30 minutes, and it's not looking pretty! Tomorrow is my first doctor's visit! I will find out all of the details, such as my health and the baby's heath and due dates and all that fun stuff! I'm really excited, but nervous at the same time!
 


<< Home
old diary. had to abandon because of morning sickness (go figure)!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm in the process of figuring out myself and my life.

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / May 2006 /


Powered by Blogger