Monday, September 26, 2005
  Home Not Alone!
John's out at an interview tonight. His band is being featured in the magazine he works for, so they all decided to meet at the coffee shop to be interviewed by the article's author. I debated going along, but I was just too tired and not feeling all that social. Work went pretty well today. Now that I know I'm going to be in the same area for the next month, I've gone at it with the strategy: FIND a PLAN to get your stuff done quickly, but of course still accurate. Today I made a few changes and found myself ahead in the game and out of there at 4:30. Still a half an hour later than my true shift, but I don't mind. What is a half hour when you've already been there for 8 hours? :-)

I think my corner is all about how things are left at the end of the day...like tomorrow might not got as smoothly, but at least now I have a month to work it all out. By the end of the month, maybe I'll get to be a speedy little bullet.

I'm wondering if I'm starting to feel the baby move! They say you can start to feel little movements around the 3rd-4th month, and I'm right in the 3rd now. Soooo...I mean, they say it's like a tiny little butterfly or a goldfish swimming around. Just a little tickle, and I was just sitting here typing about work and all of a sudden, I felt this little goldfish feeling, only it was kind of slow and not like ZIIiiiiiip! Or anything like that, so I don't know! They say 2nd time mothers usually pick it up sooner, so it may or may not be.

I am super excited because tomorrow is my 2nd doctor's appointment! I don't even have to go into work in the morning because the appt. is at 9:30. As far as I know, they are going to listen for a heartbeat. After that, I'm not really sure what they will do. I am really REALLY hoping for another ultrasound, because a month ago, the baby was only 8 weeks, so we just had little arm buds and stuff, but now we have fingers and toes and ears and I just wish the doctor could zoom in and print me off another picture!

Other than that, not much else has been going on around here. We've been getting a lot of rain, oh, and guess what? Our roof is leaking. Did you move back to your farmhouse, Melissa????

I WISH! I WISH! oh, I can't type it big enough! I MISS MY HOUSE SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! I despise this house and I dread coming home from work sometimes! The only thing I like about it is that John lives here, too.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh dear little Home, I miss you so much! :( It was a BIG mistake to sell you! i miss our yard and our trees and the snow that will cover the branches. I miss the chickens and yes, even the rooster, and I miss my old bedroom with its shield bugs and our lights with the strings and my uneven kitchen and the worn wood floors, the age old windows

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I could go on and on. Every now and again, we ride by the house and see the dumpsters and the new roof and we are so sad but yet happy because we do know that some day we will have a farmhouse again, or at least live far far away from this place!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I miss every bit, every feel, every haunting lurk from the walls and floors and ground and nail..........we were a part of it all, and now we are just a part of its past.

This house is so terrible. It leaks and no one will even come to fix it. :( Let me just say one thing and everyone listen:

NEW doesn't mean BETTER. HARDSHIP doesn't mean UNHAPPINESS. Never think about only YOURSELF. HOUSES can have FEELINGS. OLD is BUILT TO LAST and there will never be anything in quality that can match what used to be:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"I am a 103 year-old bedroom"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Someday. I get wiser as each year passes. Four years ago, I lived in an apartment with my new husband and we would laugh and gag as we ran through the hallway, smelling our neighbor's hamburger helper. We would laugh as we swore loudly enough to know that the neighbors could hear, or that our music was funny or that our first couple weeks of marriage, we didn't have any furniture, so we would eat or dinners on our laps as we sat against the wall, looking toward the kitchen doorway, or how we shared the same shower every morning, laughing and flirting and didn't even care that our shower was right next the the wall that separated our apartment from the hallway...and that everyone probably heard our every thought...

...and then I got a job I thought would last me a lifetime (that I dreaded would last me a lifetime) and we bought a house that we knew we'd fix up and have kids in and build this utopian farm...but then jobs were lost and money was funneling by us like a tornado on the prairie...and I made it out to be terrible, but it was really some of the best times of my life!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm sure (I KNOW!!!!!!!!) there will be many MANY more best times of my life, but I can't help but miss this old farmhouse that was once mine and come to terms with the fact that something that had seemed so permanant, is just yet another "apartment" in my life...growing up is tough, sometimes.
 


<< Home
old diary. had to abandon because of morning sickness (go figure)!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm in the process of figuring out myself and my life.

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / May 2006 /


Powered by Blogger