Monday, September 19, 2005
  today we set up our stereo
Today, as I was driving home, I thought about Christmas Lights and darkened skies and headphones playing my favorite music. Most of all, me laying there, enjoying it all. Relaxation.

If there's one thing I miss about high school and living at home, it's being able to sink away into your ROOM...(grown ups really don't have ROOMS anymore...they have houses. So it's almost like a whole secret cove has been taken away from us, even though we don't really think about it in that way).

I can remember going to bed before 10:00 on a school night, my room dark with a hint of moonlight, my parents sound asleep or clicking away on the computer in the next room. Sometimes, if the season was right, I would have red Christmas lights surrounding my bookshelf, and I would leave them on as I did sit-ups in many different variations, 20 times each, my headphones playing Five Iron Frenzy or Weezer, my heart racing with thoughts of the week.

And as I drove home, I wished it was dark outside and that I could lay on a bed that was made with a stereo on a trunk and just lay there and think of any other day

other than a day spent at work. And then I realized that my days will be of work and how unfortunate that I was so miserable WITHOUT it

and semi-miserable WITH IT,

but yet, so many good things are ahead...like being a mom and new conversations with my best friend

and just being able to see the sun shine through the leaves and branches of those ever familiar birch trees.
 


<< Home
old diary. had to abandon because of morning sickness (go figure)!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm in the process of figuring out myself and my life.

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / May 2006 /


Powered by Blogger