Monday, October 10, 2005
  cd with music notes
I think I'm still into blogging, but I've just been really tired lately...my thoughts have been nothing than "I'm tired! I wonder how my baby is doing? I don't want to go to work. I'm tired!! Sometimes I feel sick. I feel sick now. I'm really tired and I'm going to sleep now."

So....I haven't had much time to think about a lot of things in depth...or think about things to write about. It's 4:40, and, already I could jump into bed and sleep.

My parents came for a visit over the weekend. It was a lot of fun! They brought some presents for the baby. My mom asked permission to buy these things, and of course I told her it was okay. we have nothing baby-related, just the crib...So my dear sweet mom and dad bought adorable Baby Sesame Street things from Kmart...including: a high chair, play yard, bouncer, swing, walker, and stroller. Everything is so adorable. The box for the high chair was damaged, so my Dad assembled it so he could see that everything was there and in okay condition. Thankfully, it all was, and it is so adorable. Even if it hadn't been a damaged box, I would have loved for him to assemble it anyway!

Saturday was a day I'll never forget: my mom took me shopping for maternity clothes! I almost need them (most of my pants are too tight now), but since I never shopped for them before, my mom was happy to advise me when I modeled them in the changing room. I got two pairs of jeans, a sweater, a peasant top, a blue long-sleeved T-shirt, and a winter jacket. Oooh yeah, and I also got some maternity/nursing bras! Which, i must admit, I have to wear already! :S

I have to write them the biggest thank-you ever. I am so sad that they live far far away. I hope we can live closer to them very soon.

Work today was okay...I mean, something bad happened, and I'm almost ready to go nuts about those chemicals...but there is one machine I refuse to use, and for it, they use a syringe for water. Now, the sharp needle does not go into the chemicals, but it's too close for comfort, in my opinion. Well, it sits in a little beaker while not in use, the needle pointing down so no one accidentally bumps it (Duh). Well, guess what wasn't pointing downward, and guess who bumped it and broke skin? ME. It was a tiny little nick and didn't hit a vein, but I bled a little bit. I washed it 4 times with soap and prayed that everything would be okay. I'm sure it is, since it doesn't touch the chemicals, but I am a mother now, and I will always worry about my baby before me.

My sister-in-law mailed me the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting", and, in that book, it talks about dangerous chemicals. It says: as long as the mother isn't seriously affected by the chemicals, the fetus is usually unharmed. So that made me feel SO MUCH BETTER! I am working to pay for things and get medical insurance, but yet I stand there breathing and monkeying with chemicals, and I can't help but worry and get scared. I've come across three new "cancer suspects" in the lab, and it's just like...it's an interesting job that makes me feel important and smart, but in all reality, I do not want to be messing around with this stuff. I pray that my little baby is safe.

I am getting SOOO excited! I get to go back to the doctor on the 25th, and then I will be 16 weeks! I can't believe how fast the time really is going. It is all such a miracle, and it's all...no, everything...that's been on my mind.
 


<< Home
old diary. had to abandon because of morning sickness (go figure)!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm in the process of figuring out myself and my life.

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / May 2006 /


Powered by Blogger