Tuesday, October 11, 2005
  need help
I'm 23 years old, almost 24. Some would consider that old, some would consider it young. I, myself, would rather be younger again, but if I had to admit it, 23 or 24 is still pretty young. Especially considering that this is the 2nd house we have owned. So, my young mind is confused about some house-related things. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Say we bought this house, and in the purchase agreement, it was noted that the house would have a new roof. Say, two months after moving into the house, the roof leaks...badly and leaves big wet rings on the newly sheetrocked/painted ceilings.

The man who sold us the house is the one who did the roofing. We called the man and told him about the leaks. He blamed it on us. It didn't leak when he owned it! We must have went up onto the roof and damaged it.

Well, what if we hadn't gone up on the roof? What if we are just a couple of young-minded "adult"-trusting people that learn of the world's cruel ways more and more each day?

So, the man who sold us the house-slash-did the roofing unwillingly brings his little friends over to fix the roof. The first time they fix it, it still leaks. We call and tell him that not only is it STILL leaking in one place, but it is now leaking in another room. The man is confused and angry and doesn't understand why his precious roof is leaking.

So, again, he comes over and fixes the roof

AND DEMANDS $625.00!!!!

My question is: do we have to pay for this? Isn't it his fault, and shouldn't he have the curtiosy (sp) to fix his own mistakes, at his own expence? $195,000 was way too much to pay for this piece of shit house.

Selling the farmhouse was a big mistake, and I want to move away from this crappy ass house now.
 


<< Home
old diary. had to abandon because of morning sickness (go figure)!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm in the process of figuring out myself and my life.

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / May 2006 /


Powered by Blogger